- Town of Scituate Comprehensive Plan
- Comprehensive Plan - APPENDIX
- Town of Scituate Low & Moderate Income Housing Plan
The Town of Scituate enforces the Rhode Island State Building Code (SBC). In accordance with SBC, permits are required for all activities not classified as "ordinary repairs". Roofing and re-siding are not considered "ordinary repairs". Building permits for new construction generally take 1 to 2 weeks for processing. An approved I.S.D.S. application and plan along with proof of ownership/status are required prior to start of permit process.
Permit fee schedules are available upon request. Contact our office during regular business hours to obtain further information on this process.
The town contains RR (Rural Residential), RS (Single-Family Residential), BL (Limited Business), BG (General Business), M (General Manufacturing), and W (Watershed) zones.There are 2 Village Overlay District Zones, in the Village of Hope, and the Village of North Scituate. Zoning Ordinances are available in the Town Clerk's Office at a cost of $15.00 for town residents and $20.00 for non-residents. Or click below:
Contact our offices during normal business hours for additional information.
- Zoning Board of Review Application
- Zoning Application Instructions
- RI General Laws Regulating Zoning Ordinances
- Plan Commission Application
- Subdivision and Land Development Regulations
- Fee Schedule - Subdivision & Land Development
- Septic Loan Program Application
- Checklist Requirements for Administrative Subdivisions
- Checklist Requirements for MINOR SUBDIVISIONS - 5 lots or less (when no new roads are proposed)
- MAJOR SUBDIVISION Pre-Application Checklist
- MAJOR SUBDIVISION Checklist Requirements for Master Plan
- MAJOR SUBDIVISION Preliminary Checklist
- MAJOR SUBDIVISION Final Checklist
- MAJOR LAND DEVELOPMENT Pre-Application Checklist
- MAJOR LAND DEVELOPMENT Checklist Requirements for Master Plan
Planning : The Planning Commission meets on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7:00pm.
Zoning : The Zoning Board of Review meets on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 7:30pm.
Note: There will be no Zoning Board meeting in December.
The subdivision and land development regulations are available in the Town Clerk's Office at a cost of $15.00 for town residents and $20.00 for non-residents.
All applications, and fees are available at the Building Department located at Town Hall during regular office hours.